In this tutorial, we will learn an introduction to the Python language. Python is a high-level, interpreted and high-level programming language. It is so easy to learn because you would find a lot of English keywords in it. The first time Python was introduced by Guido Van Rossum in 1989. The current version of Python is 3.7.2(in winter 2019). To start with python you have to install it on your machine. You can download Python from this Link Click Here.
|Python Version||Released Date|
|Python 1.0||January 1994|
|Python 1.5||December 31, 1997|
|Python 1.6||September 5, 2000|
|Python 2.0||October 16, 2000|
|Python 2.1||April 17, 2001|
|Python 2.2||December 21, 2001|
|Python 2.3||July 29, 2003|
|Python 2.4||November 30, 2004|
|Python 2.5||September 19, 2006|
|Python 2.6||October 1, 2008|
|Python 2.7||July 3, 2010|
|Python 3.0||December 3, 2008|
|Python 3.1||June 27, 2009|
|Python 3.2||February 20, 2011|
|Python 3.3||September 29, 2012|
|Python 3.4||March 16, 2014|
|Python 3.5||September 13, 2015|
|Python 3.6||December 23, 2016|
|Python 3.7||June 27, 2018|
|Python 3.5.6||Aug 2, 2018|
|Python 3.7.2||Oct 20, 2018|
|Python 3.5.7||March 18, 2019|
|Python 3.7.3||March 25, 2019|
|Python 3.6.9||July 2, 2019|
|Python 3.7.4||July 8, 2019|
Features of Python:
Before going in deep. Let’s took a quick glance at the features of Python: –
- Python is a high-level programming language and it is so easy to learn.
- Debugging Python programs is so easy because it is an interpreter based programming language.
- Python is a free and open-source programming language. you can download it free of cost from the official website.
- Python has a very big standard library which makes it so easy and fast to write code in Python.
- Python has very a giant collection of libraries and it is also one of the best languages for Data Science and Machine learning.
- Python also provides GUI support like the Tkinter library. We can create desktop applications with the help of Python.
- Python is the cross-platform programming language you can run python on different platforms like Windows, Linux, Unix and Mac etc.
We can use python to make applications for various Software development area such as:
- Web Application: We can create web applications using python. Python provides us with rich collection Frameworks such as Django, Pyramid, Flask we can use these frameworks to create web applications.
- Desktop Applications: We can create desktop applications with the help of Python. libraries like Tkinter can be used to create GUI for desktop applications.
- Business Applications: We can also create a business application with the help of python for example e-commerce system.
- Audio Video Applications: We can also create players to play audios and videos with the help of Python.
The basic requirement to work in Python:
We need a few things to work in Python.
- Python should be installed on your machine
- IDE to run Python programs
In this tutorial series, we will use Jupyter NoteBook IDE to write Python programs. You can use any other IDE it will not cause any problem. Click Here to download Jupyter Notebook